Topic Options
#1773 - 11/10/06 01:50 AM Graph Results
MarkCrum Offline

Loc: Winthrop, WA
Can anyone help me diagnose this graph. I'm not sure why there are a lot of blank hops. Your help is appreciated. This customer is using a segmented T-1 connection and is dropping connection to our Citrix servers for long periods of time.

-Mark

Attachments
1800-googletrace2.png

#1774 - 11/10/06 01:54 AM Re: Graph Results [Re: MarkCrum]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi, Mark.

We have a knowledge base article on this type of thing here:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/29

After you've checked that out, feel free to comment back here on what you found (good or bad) and we'll see what we can do to help.

- Pete

#1775 - 11/10/06 02:01 AM Re: Graph Results [Re: Pete Ness]
MarkCrum Offline

Your response time's impressive, I'll check it out, thanks for the link.

#1776 - 11/10/06 02:08 AM Re: Graph Results [Re: MarkCrum]
MarkCrum Offline

So basically I need to check the computer and router to check for firewall, NAT, etc thats blocking the traffic. Until then I probably won't be able to troubleshoot the problems.

-Mark

#1777 - 11/10/06 02:11 AM Re: Graph Results [Re: MarkCrum]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
That's correct. Something is blocking ICMP TTL Expired packets, which is what we rely on for all intermediate hop data. Until something is changed to allow those packets to make it back to the computer, there's nothing you can do to get intermediate hop information.

The fact that hop 1 shows up pretty much eliminates the computer as the problem, so you're going to be looking for a router or device of some kind within a couple of network cables of that computer (cable modem, NAT router, etc).

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod