Topic Options
#1173 - 06/16/04 07:37 PM using /TRACE option
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm trying to set up ping plotter to be run when my system is started - WinXP. So I have a shortcut on my desktop with

"C:\Program Files\Ping Plotter\PingPlotter.exe" /TRACE" followed by a typical, long windows file name.

When I double click on the shortcut (on my desktop) I first get the message "error loading file" with the first part of the file name, then a message

PingPlotter 2.51
The feature you just asked for only works on the Pro version of Ping Plotter
EProVersionRequired: The feature you just asked for only works on the Pro version of Ping Plotter

I don't see a Pro version on the web site, and the help info on my version implies this should work.

Any suggestions??

Mark

#1174 - 06/16/04 08:20 PM Re: using /TRACE option
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi, Mark.

The "Pro" version of PingPlotter is still not a real product, but the existing product has the start of some of the capabilities built into it. The problem you're having here is that PingPlotter thinks you're trying to specify multiple targets on the command line - and this is something the current versions don't support (although it parses them, it doesn't know what to do with them).

This is likely because of the syntax of the command line that you're using.

It sounds like what you're doing is loading an existing file and then continuing from that. To do this, use a command line like this...

"c:\path-to-pingplotter\pingplotter.exe" "path to save file\savefilename.pp2" /trace

This will load the file, and then start tracing. The quotes are quite necessary here.

If you use the syntax /trace:address, then PingPlotter thinks you're trying to specify a target rather than a file name.

If you have problems getting this syntax to work, post back here what your command line is and we'll help you craft a properly working shortcut.

- Pete

#1175 - 06/17/04 12:21 AM Re: using /TRACE option [Re: Pete Ness]
markh Offline

that's it - thanks!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod