Topic Options
#1081 - 02/22/04 10:59 AM Ping Plotter automatically opens.
DepecheNYC Offline

I ran Ping Plotter to ping www.yahoo.com. Now everytime I type www.yahoo.com in the address bar of Internet Explorer, ping plotter pops up automatically. How do I stop this? Please email me your answer.

#1082 - 02/22/04 01:12 PM Re: Ping Plotter automatically opens. [Re: DepecheNYC]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hmmm.

This is the first time we've heard anything like this happening. At present, there is no integration between PingPlotter and Internet Explorer.

The only possibility that I can think of here is that you saved a file out of PingPlotter called "www.yahoo.com.pp2", and that somehow Internet Explorer is launching that file rather than the web site. This isn't anything that PingPlotter is controlling, however. Make sure the address you're tying into Internet Explorer is just an address and doesn't have a path or extension on it (ie: from your browser's history). You might be able to track down a file someplace that you can delete to change this behavior. This is pretty much of a long shot, though.

Alternately, you can uninstall PingPlotter and see what happens with Internet Explorer. You might possibly get some message that might help you troubleshoot. Then you can reinstall PingPlotter after you've determined what the problem is.

Bottom line: This isn't behavior that PingPlotter has configured.

Let us know how it turns out.

Best wishes,
Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod